At The Law Office of Julia M. Pendleton, we offer an alternative to the contentious and aggressive methods of other family law firms. We help our clients save time, money and alleviate a great deal of stress by exploring options for alternative dispute resolution.
Focused On Finding Solutions That Work For You
An important aspect of this process is the implementation and interpretation of marital agreements before a marriage or during a divorce.
Listed below are just a few of the agreements we help our clients draft and implement:
- Prenuptial agreements: A prenuptial agreement is drafted before marriage to protect the status of separate property brought into the union. The agreement will also define specific assets and property accrued during the marriage as marital or non-marital property. Other matters, such as waivers of spousal support, can be addressed in these agreements.
- Property settlements: A couple can establish a property settlement while married or following a separation. It is often favorable to secure a property settlement prior to divorce to avoid the costs and delays of litigation.
- Interim agreements and nonabandonment agreements: These agreements allow for a period of separation while allowing both parties to resolve their issues on a permanent basis.
- Parenting agreements: These agreements allow parents to establish co-parenting schedules that facilitate custody, visitation and other matters.
- Contract of separation: A contract of separation is helpful for those preparing to separate or those who have already separated and wish to resolve their issues outside the courts. Most aspects of the separation can be resolved in these agreements, including property division, spousal and child support, custody and various other matters.
There are numerous other agreements and arrangements that may apply to your situation. To speak with attorney Julie Pendleton, reach out and schedule a consultation where you will have an opportunity to ask questions and voice concerns.
An Experienced Family Law Lawyer Helping To Draft Your Divorce Agreements
For thoughtful, compassionate representation, call 336-355-8796 or take a moment to submit our online contact form. We are located in Greensboro, North Carolina, and assist families throughout the Piedmont Triad.