Photo of Julia M. Pendleton

Thoughtful Advice Combined With Strong Representation

Domestic Violence And Orders For Protection

If you or your children have been victimized by physical violence, made to feel unsafe in your home, or have been verbally abused or threatened by your partner or spouse, it’s important to take action to prevent further harm.

Providing Legal Protection From Acts Of Emotional Or Physical Abuse

At The Law Office of Julia M. Pendleton, attorney Julia Pendleton helps people take meaningful action to put a stop to domestic violence and abuse. Whether you are a man, woman or young person, she understands that it can be intimidating to speak up and seek help. With years of experience and having worked with families from all walks of life, she can help you secure a domestic violence restraining order or civil no-contact order to implement legal protections against physical or emotional abuse.

Domestic violence encompasses far more than just acts of physical violence. If you have been threatened, stalked or made to feel intimidated by someone you have a personal relationship with, you can seek protection. Often, orders for legal protection are taken against:

  • Current or former spouses
  • A relative, including stepparents, grandparents or children over the age of 16
  • The other parent of your child
  • A former boyfriend or girlfriend
  • A current or former roommate

As your attorney, Julia will explain your options for pursuing a protective order as well as the effects it will have on child custody arrangements and possession or access to the family home. If you are in immediate danger or feel threatened, she can help you secure an immediate order, explain the duration and the protections it provides, as well as your options for pursuing further action if necessary.

A Lawyer Can Be Your First Line Of Defense Against Domestic Violence

Contact The Law Office of Julia M. Pendleton and schedule a consultation by calling 336-355-8796. You can also reach the Greensboro, North Carolina, law office by submitting an email through this online contact form.